Service Oriented Aviation Readiness (S.O.A.R.)
Once someone is ready to commit to full-time missionary aviation service, SOAR is there to pick them up, to help protect their calling, and to get them in a state of readiness to serve with a missionary aviation sending agency. This includes flight and maintenance training as well as the following disciplines: base operations training, partnership development, professional behaviors, teamwork, and conflict management training. We view all disciplines equal as it will take a well-rounded missionary to be successful on the mission field.
- FlightPrivate, Instrument, Commercial, Tail Wheel, Complex, High Performance, CFI
- Maintenance30-month A&P apprenticeship
- We offer the ability for you to start your missionary aviation journey at SOAR
- We are small and able to adjust to the individual needs of a missionary candidate
- We can accept candidates with prior training in flight and/or maintenance
- We can be flexible as missionary candidates’ needs change based on a particular sending agency's requirements are more fully understood.
- Fleet of aircraft for flight and maintenance training including (3) Cessna 172s, (1) Cessna 170B, (1) Cessna 182, (1) Cessna 206, (1) Citabria, (1) Helio Courier
- Full commercial maintenance facility working on real customer aircraft for A&P apprenticeship.
- Operation of an airfield for base operations training.
- Maintenance - 4:1
- Flight - 1:1
Hours Required for Degree
- 30-month A&P apprenticeship, approximately 4,800 hours (8:00-5:00 M-F)
- Around 400-500 hours of flight training/experience up to and including CFI,